I hope everybody had an enjoyable bank holiday weekend and half term holiday. We now approach our final half term, which will have lots of fun activities but continued hard work as we prepare the children for their transition into Year 5.
I am very much looking forward to the last term, which will include my first sports day, summer fayre and a summer concert at Penygawsi!
Literacy: We will be completing out explanation writing and look to start a new topic in L&L for the final half term.
Mathematics: This week we will be revisiting relationships between different units of time and looking at reading calendars. We will also be looking at data handling through Venn and Carroll diagrams. Our problem solving will involve different methods of subtraction and we will continue to develop our mental arithmetic.
Homework: will be a continuation of their research into the class river project. I will send home some further notes tomorrow to build upon the initial notes I sent home before half term and if you have any concerns over the project please let me know. In addition I will be sending some maths homework home.
Spellings: This week our spellings will be linked to the class topic of rivers. I will upload these later.
Monday:
Welcome back - discussion about homework project and how to plan out the next three weeks before we begin presenting on 22nd June.
New homework and spellings to learn for test on Friday 5th June
Wednesday:
Indoor PE kit needed today (with trainers)
Friday:
Outdoor PE kit needed today
No comments:
Post a Comment