
Caerau and Tryfan had a wonderful day at Hay Festival before the ha;f term holiday. We had fabulous weather which was a bonus for what proved to be an excellent day. The children had the pleasure of seeing two amazing authors speak and learn a little about their work and inspiration.
The first author we watched was comic strip author Gary Northfield. we loved hearing about the adventures of his comical character Julius Zebra and the gladiators of ancient Rome. If you haven't read his books yet, I personally recommend as they are very funny and informative at the same time.

The second author was Shane Hegarty who was absolutely hysterical. Everyone around us was roaring with laughter as he told us about his journey through life as an author. He certainly inspired me to read and write more! I can not wait to read his books about mythical creatures in the town of Darkmouth. There were many in Caerau and Tryfan eager to go to the bookshop to purchase his trilogy. I know what will be on birthday and Christmas lists this year!

Take a look at the photos from the day. It is safe to safe the children had a wonderful time. I would like to take the opportunity to say thank you to all of our volunteers. We really do appreciate you taking the time to support us on your days off from work. Without your support we would not be able to take the children on trips like this so THANK YOU!






















No comments:
Post a Comment