Tuesday, 5 January 2021

Home Learning

 Prynhawn da

I hope you are all safe and well.  It has been a busy two days preparing online learning, which was originally for three days, but has now been extended into next week as well.  Who knows what will happen after that, but I have every faith in the children and that they will try their best to continue to learn new skills and reinforce skills previously taught.


First thing tomorrow morning, I will share a short video with you in j2e files, setting out my high expectations of the children, whilst working from home.  Please look in the shared file for this.  All pupils are expected to log on to j2message and register with an emoji at 9am daily.  Please see previous Blog/j2message post for more information on this.  This will ensure that the children are ready to learn at 9am.  I have also shared in the j2e file an example timetable for you to follow.  This will help you to manage your work.  Pupils, you might have noticed that I have tidied up your j2e files and put all your documents in to the correct folders.  I have also added a new folder called 'Distance Learning 2021'.  This is where all your online work will go over the next week or so.  Within the folder, I have created a folder for your Week 1 work.  Please ensure to keep these folders organised by renaming your work and moving them in to the folder as soon as you have completed a piece of work.  


Over the next 3 days, I will be meeting with all pupils on a live Teams at 9.30 am.  The timetable has been shared with you in j2e and invites have been sent to your child's HWB email account.  Please see previous Blog post for keeping safe online and how to access these meetings.


It is not the new year that we were all hoping for, but I know  all the pupils will try their best and show you as  parents how independent they can work on their tasks.  I look forward to seeing you over the next few days and keep your eyes peeled for a welcome back video, first thing tomorrow morning.


Mrs B



No comments:

Post a Comment