Beth
Sy’n Digwydd Yr Wythnos Hon?
Wythnos 1 – Summer term!
I hope that you have
all had a restful Easter break and you've not eaten too many chocolate eggs
from the Easter bunny! I look forward to welcoming you all back on Tuesday
blwydden pedwar. This term is a long and very busy one therefore I expect 100%
effort and commitment to learning from everyone as of Tuesday. I was very
impressed with the way that you worked for me last term Caerau, let's keep it
up and ensure that we can be the best that we can be during your last term in
year 4.
Monday
·
INSET day
Tuesday
·
Miss Morgans teaching. Pupils return
to school.
·
Spell check.
This will be the last of the high frequency words,
normal spell checks whereby I put the spellings on the blog linked to the
previous spelling unit completed in class will be back ready for Monday the 18th.
I will put these on Tuesday after children have completed the spell check on
high frequency words.
·
Topic afternoon- We will be
introducing our new topic 'The Beating Drum'. It is about Africa and we have
some super exciting activities and trips planned for the children across the
term.
·
English comprehension homework due.
Those children who did not present
their endangered animal presentations for whatever reason last term, will
deliver their presentations today. Remember your USB’s please! J
Wednesday
·
Mrs Boat to teach from today
until Thursday.
·
Maths perimeter homework due. New
language homework given.
·
Topic and Welsh afternoon- Pupils
will be starting to look at the beats in African music and the new key
vocabulary for our new topic 'Y Tywydd' (The Weather) in Welsh.
Thursday
·
Mrs Boat teaching.
·
RE and Art afternoon- We will be
beginning to look at belonging to groups and an introduction to the religion
Judaism. In Art, you will be sketching a map of Africa in preparation to
identify key places on it in Geography next week.
Friday
·
Miss Morgans teaching.
·
Science afternoon- Introducing our
new topic 'The Three States of Matter' and beginning to look at solids, liquids
and gases.
Phew, we have a busy week ahead!
Welsh Assembly Tests
Parents as you may know this term is
the Welsh Assembly test term. It is the week commencing the 3rd of May. I spoke with most of you about this at parents evening and the
link for the practice papers as promised will be up very soon. Leading up to
the tests, I will be completing maths questions with the children every morning
when they come into class. Therefore this means that punctuality in the
mornings is essential this term, could we please ensure that children are on
the yard by 8.55am.
Swimming
As you may be aware we will no longer
be swimming on a Wednesday which means that we will have 2 PE lessons one week
and 1 lesson the week after. I will put this on the blog with the spelling post
tomorrow- I just need to double check our hall slots.
Parents, please remember any queries
or concerns that you may have no matter how big or small, my door is always
open.
Year 4, I have bought new daily
certificate prizes, I wonder who can be the first person to win one! I look
forward to seeing you all on Tuesday J
Thank you for reading this long post
and for your continued cooperation.
Miss Morgans :D
No comments:
Post a Comment